Chicken Supreme (stuffed chicken breast)
A nice way to amp up the good old chicken breast.
- 1 Chicken roasters
- 75 gr Pork Shoulder
- 1 Egg yolk
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 10 gr Truffles chopped
- 1 small bunch Sage leaves chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Clean and butcher chicken for legs and breasts
- Remove all skin and bones except the wing bone attached to the breast; keep all bones and scraps aside for jus
- Mince pork shoulder and chicken leg meat very finely
- Make sure all ingredients and dishes are kept cold throughout
- In a bowl on top of ice mix the meat, egg yolk, cream, truffles, and sage
- Season with salt and pepper
- Slice a pocket into the back of the chicken breasts and 'fold open'
- Stuff the breasts with the meat mixture
- Close the pocket and if needed keep it closed with a wooden toothpick
- Chill in the fridge for some time - you can make the jus in this time
- Heat a frying pan and add a little oil
- Sear the breast on the 'open' side first then turn over and finish in 180 degree oven
- To serve slice the breast in three pieces
- You can make a quick jus with the chicken bones and scraps and sage stems. Chop bones and scraps roughly and some carrots, onions, celery, and tomato paste and roast for bit. Add water, sage stems, salt, and pepper and simmer for an hour. Strain and reduce the liquid by more than half. If required mix a little corn starch with red wine to thicken the jus.
- You will likely have more meat stuffing than you can or want to use for the breasts. You can make a roulade by wrapping it in aluminum foil and poaching it.
- Or per the suggestion of my friend Janine, add some ginger and make dumplings.