Choux Pastry (Pâte à Choux)
For any and all pâte à choux needs
- 500 ml Water
- 300 gr Flour sifted
- 100 gr Butter
- 8 Eggs beaten
- Pinch Salt
- Boil water with butter and salt
- Reduce heat
- Add flour all at once
- Stir vigorously with wooden spoon until the dough comes clean off the sides of the pot
- Remove from heat and stir in eggs little by little
- The final consistency should be smooth and slightly thick runny
- Ready to be used further as needed...
- Profiteroles, croquembouches, éclairs, beignets, dumplings, gougères, chouquettes, craquelins, etc.