These easy to make pies are a staple from my childhood.
Servings: 4 - 6 slices
- 1 Tenderflake pie shell 23cm / 9"
- 2 Anjou pears
- 1 handful blueberries if available
- 1 tbsp almonds ground
- 3 eggs small
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius / 390 Fahrenheit
- Cut pears in half, remove core, and slice or grate them
- Cover the pie crust with almonds, arrange the pear slices and pre-bake for 10 minutes
- Mix the eggs, yogurt and sugar in a bowl
- Pour the egg mix over the fruit after pre-baking. Add the blueberries
- Put the pie back into the oven for another 25 minutes
Variations: Apples with a sprinkle of cinnamon or orange zest Cherries Apricots Serving: With whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired